Regulation of eukaryotic gene expression (Chromatin remodeling, DNA methylation, environmental and biological control, DNA binding motifs, activators, enhancers and insulators)
Regulation of eukaryotic gene expression
- Chromatin structure affects gene expression
- Presence of the nuclear membrane separates transcription and translation by time and space.
- Multiple levels of regulation of gene expression
- Eukaryotic genes are not organized into operons
- Intra and intercellular communication or signaling is very important
- Specific transcription activator/mediators/repressors and response elements (enhancers/silencesors/insulators